The RugDoc team is an elite group of trained assa… a group of DeFi veterans focusing on developing tools necessary for DeFi safety, particularly in Farming, Trading as well as building a DeFi Wikipedia to help the community be a little bit of a safer place to invest in. We have turned 7 months old recently and we thought it would be good to just have a refresher of who we are, what we do and what we’re doing here.
RugDoc, a History.
RugDoc started as a lone google sheet that we updated as and when possible and we quickly found out that the Google sheet attracted so much traffic on a daily basis that it crashed, therefore we needed to migrate to the current website which houses the Farm reviews as well as the variety of other services and tools we offer.
Who’s in your team?
Initially we were volunteer led and relied on donations to repay some of the hard work that our very skilled volunteers undertake for completely free on a day to day basis.
However, we have since moved on from this as the demand for a higher level of service and quality was expected from RugDoc. (more on this later)
We now have team members that look after:
- Scanning/Farm Support – Looking at a farm contract to establish parameters that may or may not be malicious
- Community management – Engaging with the RugDoc community in our social channels to educate and assist in their DeFi related queries.
- Crisis management – Warn users for potential scams, and assist in ongoing rugs by talking through how emergency withdraw works, for example.
- Content management – Custom assets and content to supplement the guides and articles we generate, promoting DeFi safety
- Operational management – General project maintenance, Web development, Farm calendar management
It’s worth noting that the suite of services that we offer to the community are all free of charge, and we have ongoing bounty challenges (Such as the LP lock challenge by Carlos & Butts) to ensure that the tools we promote are safe to use for the public.
Currently, We have no plans on monetizing usage for these tools.
So if these are free… How do you make money?
You may have noticed dotted around some of our pages are banner ads, available for project owners to advertise with. We are in a very lucky position that we attract thousands of unique visitors a day on our Website and we’re happy for farm owners to showcase a banner ad to generate some awareness for their project. These banner ads are simply ads, and not endorsements or partnerships with those projects unless specifically stated. Please still DYOR and manage your risks effectively.
Aside from the banner ads, we also have the following to supplement our monetization plan which helps keep RugDoc completely free to use for the community:
- RugDoc Merch – Self explanatory, we have merch (Add Link)
- Sponsored ads – We offer sponsored shoutouts and posts on Telegram/Twitter for projects.
- RugDoc Farm support – We offer 1-to-1 private consultations available for farms if they need assistance in troubleshooting their code or how to make their farm safer.
- FarmDoc – Alpha calls channel where select RugDoc team members will talk through their decision making in relation to trades, farms and market sentiment.
Right, but what’s next?
DeFi moves at an alarmingly fast rate and we’re doing our best to support the community as much as we can. We do have ongoing workstreams which address some of the softer side of DeFi (E.g. community content) as well as tools to further help in farming safely and securely. Here’s a small preview:
- CodeCat Comics – Our fun, lighthearted comic to highlight some of the key events that happen with RugDoc and DeFi.
- Community Outreach – With Avalanche, Apeswap and Paladin as our first three official partners, we’re keen to work with other established brands with similar goals to us.
- Wiki – Continue expanding and populating our Wiki to supplement the demand for DeFi education
We hope this article clarifies a little bit about who we are. Come and stop by our social channels and say hello!
Stay safe out there,